The Adult and Senior Center of Saratoga is a non-profit, non-residential community center located in the heart of downtown Saratoga Springs. Adults age 50 and over can join for only $15 a year and participate in programs, trips & social activities tailored to adults and seniors. Those striving to maintain an independent lifestyle can make new friends, share in a meal, play a game, exercise, take a class or learn a new skill. The social interaction provided at the Center is essential to physical and mental health.
Founded as the Golden Age Club on March 28, 1955, the Center started with just 35 members. The group purchased their own building at 162 Circular Street in 1960. “Here people use, for the first time perhaps, skills they never knew they had. Here they find comfort, warmth, friendship, love. Here they can make friends with others,” said one of the first speakers at a meeting in 1955. The Center grew and a new building was erected in May 1979 at 5 William Street with the Kilmer Room addition being completed in the early 1990’s.
Since 1955 the mission of the Adult and Senior Center of Saratoga is to empower seniors to achieve and maintain personal independence and individual well-being by providing the program structure and support services necessary for healthy recreation, companionship, social involvement, and problem solving.
- Lois Celeste, Executive Director; Lois@SaratogaSeniorCenter.org
- Patrice Mastrianni, Director of Marketing & Art Programs; Patrice@SaratogaSeniorCenter.org
- Pam Henaghan, Finance Manager; Pam@SaratogaSeniorCenter.org
- Colleen Kelley, Program Coordinator; Colleen@SaratogaSeniorCenter.org
- Lisa Higgins, Senior Advocate; Lisa@SaratogaSeniorCenter.org
- Leona Beck, Agency Coordinator; Info@SaratogaSeniorCenter.org
- Janet Franco, Agency Coordinator; Info@SaratogaSeniorCenter.org